Friday, 17 December 2010

White Christmas?

Okay, so if you're from Northern Ireland, you'll have seen everyone flooding Facebook with "OH MY GOD IT'S SNOWINGGGG AHHHH".
Yes. It is infact snowing for a second time this Winter. This is rare in Ireland, since it's unusual to have snow lie on the ground even once a year. At this rate, we're looking at a (and my first) "white Christmas".
Honestly? I'd really like that. Not because I love snow, but just to be able to experience Christmas as it is portrayed in movies and Disney movies and books etc.




Things to note about this video:
  • It's 1am. I may not sound enthusiastic.
  • When I say "it's been snowing heavily", I mean by OUR standards.
  • I know it's low quality. It's from a shitty webcam. I'll upgrade soon.

I have no problems with snow. Ice... I don't like ice. But snow is okay.
It's the people's reactions to it that bother me.
"IT'S SNOWING OMG SNOW DAY YAY OMG OMG OMG SEIZUREEEEEEEE!"
or the alternative...
"Oh my God, more fucking snow. This is so depressing. I hate snow. Snow is evil. Snow causes cancer."
Slightly exaggerated on both sides, but you catch my drift.
Calm down. It's just snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment